Sunday, October 23, 2016

UNIVERSE BOWL IX: CHAPTER XXXVI

Middle Street and Clifford Street. . .
    
Each team devises a strategy tailored to the strengths of their surviving rosters. The combatants move together in specific hordes and scatter throughout the city’s landscape.
Zorro and King Richard slowly traipse down an alleyway.  Richard draws his sword from the scabbard hitched to his belt, while Zorro ignites his blue lightsaber. 

King Richard:  I doth look for a skirmish to imbed my blade!

Zorro:  As do I, amigo.

Batgirl and Kid Omega jump off of a ledge above.

Batgirl: You have your wish. . . you mean hombres!

Batgirl throws a bat-a-rang that is swatted away by Zorro’s blade.  Kid Omega unleashes a psionic blast at King Richard, throwing the monarch across the way and into a pile of trash.

Kid Omega:  That’s where all Kings belong - in the trash.

King Richard slowly rises from the rubbish, a bit discombobulated.

King Richard raises his sword again.

King Richard: Beast!  How dare you!  I am King Richard!  I have conquered your metal birds by flying through the clouds in battle!  I have ruled kingdoms!  I have. . .

Kid Omega creates his psionic shotgun and blasts King Richard, causing a gaping hole through his chest.  Kid Omega walks to the body of his enemy.

Kid Omega: . . . just cr#pped your pants, you dead a$$hole.

Meanwhile, Batgirl and Zorro fight one another, neither gaining the upper hand. 

Batgirl:  Could use a little help here.

Kid Omega:  You sure?

Batgirl:  I’m sure.

Kid Omega: My pleasure.  Formation alpha five.

Batgirl reacts and does a backflip, kicking her feet outward and catching Zorro in the face.  A stunned Zorro loses his lightsaber and is then blasted by Kid Omega.  Zorro falls to the ground, dead.

Batgirl:  Thanks for the assist.

Kid Omega mockingly bows as one would to royalty.  The two laugh.

1 comment:

NFG Mike said...

I enjoyed King Richard's pre-death speech. Metal birds!