Monday, November 12, 2012

News from the Commissioner.

"Come out of retirement... There's nothing I'd rather do". -Capt. Han Solo (from Star Wars Episode 7: A Republic in Peril (Working title)). There has been much controversy in regards to the future of this league, and I am here to put that to rest. Effective immedietely, I am retaking control of the Commissionership of The Fantasy Fantasy League. I do not wish to in any way step on the toes of any person who meant to retain control; but it has been spoken to me that I am the only person that means to "continue" this league in its current and carefully designed format. I understand that the last standing member of the FFL Triumverate has discussed carrying over the ideas brought forth by Former-Commissioner Bryan. If this is in fact his desire to do so, then I wish him the best of luck in this endeavor; but I personally view this potential league to be in no such way a continuation of the current Fantasy Fantasy League. I will not allow the destruction of the work done by the past three administrations, over the past five years (actually much longer with how long it took to create.) This, in my personal opinion would be a shame. This league was designed to be a keeper league, that would last for many years; and I intend to keep that going. This in no way means that there is not room for another sort of league with a different set of rules, guidelines, or mission statement. In this day and age it is in no way strange for people to be in more than one fantasy league (even within the same "sport"). So, if there are plans in the works for a league that starts anew I not only encourage those people to make this league happen; but I encourage all of you FFL participants to give it a chance. In fact, if both leagues do take off, and an owner insists on only participating in one, I encourage people to please go with Mike; as I have no ill will or desire towards the people with whom the league was "passed to" and do not wish to be blamed for the demise of it before it was given its proper shot. I intend to create an FFL Council of six people that beginning in Season six will make ALL MAJOR DECISIONS regarding the league. Although, I do admit that some initial decisions may be made by me unillaterally before the draft for the purpose of expediancy; especailly considering that time is of the essence and their is much work to be done. I wish to stress the point that I realize that some people may be exhausted by the work that being a part of this league entails. I also realize that some of you may want a break from all or certain aspects of the league and if that is the case for you as an individual, than you should not feel bad about that in the least. Some of you, who have been writers or administrators in some way, may just simply want to enjoy being a team owner. This is totally acceptable. Some of you may want to step down completely, and if that is the case I understand. It is a lot of work, and there is nothing wrong with simply losing interest in a hobby. To make a comparison to sports, some team owners change every single season; but the games themselves stay relatively the same. On a personal note, I apologize if this message seems rude in any way, shape, or form. This league is very important to me. It was a very hard and dark point in my life when I created it, and it was part of what helped me to get through those days. It is this reason that I vehemently refuse to let it die. In closing, this league is not going anywhere. The Season Six Draft is almost complete, new rules for ressurection of characters, among many other ideas are in the works; new writers and team owners have been volunteering, and I am excited to get back to business. Sincerely, -Josh Houslander

31 comments:

Josh the Commish said...

Furthermore, I would like to say that the team formerly known as B-3 will be gifted with several characters that can be used at a discounted rate, to make up for the mass exodus of characters from this once great team.

Ownership of this team, will be given to the "troll" known as "Real Man". I personally have enjoyed the comedic and raw nature of Real Man's comments and now wish to give him a legitimate spot in the league. Should he refuse this gift than I will join the masses in their ideology that Real Man is nothing more than a waste of our time and he and his comments will no longer be given any manner of attention by me.

I personally want your opinion and posts Real Man, but if you do not wish to participate in the league, than you are nothing more than an annoying fan boy, whose opinion is meaningless.

Please make your choice and let us know.

Josh the Commish said...

And I apologize for the lack of spaces and indentations in this post. That is not how I wrote it. This new blogger is not very user friendly; but I promise to work harder on mastering it.

Ryan said...

As long as we continue with FORWARD progress, I'm in and all for it!

Season Four was miserable. I don't want to see it go back to that.

Josh the Commish said...

So far the "Abe Lincoln-like Team of Rivals" that has been assembled for The Council consists of myself, and the owners of The Horsemen of Apokolps, George Washington's Slaves, and Logical Genocide. Two more spots will be filled.

Real Man said...

The former-now again Commish has enticed me. What is left? So says Real Man! I will make Beckerman proud with my taking over of his behemoth team, but only if I can take over his entire team. None of this bullshit re-gifting. I will discuss this matter with him further.

Ryan said...

The Last Will and Testament of the Backyardigans has already been fulfilled and everyone's roster have been updated.

Josh the Commish said...

Like they say to all the bratty children in day care: "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit". I welcome you to the league Real Man, but you are in no position to negotiate anything. It was the former commissioner's will to send players from that team throughout the league. It was not a move that I necessarilly agree with, but it is one that I will uphold out of respect for the previous administration. There are several people who would be more than willing to take over that team, but it was first offered to you Real Man... Take it or leave it.

Real Man said...

Fuck the Beckermans Backyardigans Beyatches-which is no more! So rises from the ashes- "The Real Men"!

TruBlue15 said...

Let me welcome back Josh to the throne, and let me add that i hope he begins the transition back, he reaches out to some of the teams who have been here since the beginning so that we may share likes and dislikes we've had from all the regimes, so that we can continue to move forward and make this league enjoyable for all

Krisatu said...

Wouldn't it be better to have a council of five, in case of tie votes?

Josh the Commish said...

Thank you TruBlue. I truly appreciate your kind words and I promise to do my very best to make the league as good as possible for al.

Josh the Commish said...

Or perhaps seven.

David Fincher said...

I think Seven would work better.

Real Man said...

After speaking with the quitter, I have reviewed the detritus left on the old B3 Team-absolute and utter common crap. I need an incentive to join this league-especially now that the Triumvirate losers have stepped down and the old, oppressive regime is back in power.

Ryan said...

I'm pretty sure Josh has already told you "take it or leave it." You're in no room to demand anything. You are not taking over the former FFL Champion Backyardigans... You're in all reality an expansion team. Deal with it. Or don't, we'll find someone who doesn't act like a spoiled brat.

Real Man said...

You Ryan, are very mean and vitriolic individual. What have I ever done to you to spurn this hatred upon myself, but tell the truth like it truly is? I challenge all those in the FFL to say he or she hasn't held back saying things so they wouldn't hurt other people's feelings. If this is a league of pussies, so be it, you already have a team noting their pussy-sleepiness. You should all change your monikers to verify the apathetic nature of what is now upon you all with this league! So says Real Man!

Ryan said...

How am I mean, but you are not?!?! I am standing up for everyone in the league that you have continuously belittled and insulted. And the truth? Sounds like you can take your own medicine.

Personally, in a way, I appreciate your comments, as it shows that someone outside the league reads our stuff that we have worked so tirelessly on. However, I do not appreciate your constant venomous bile that you spew on our site. If you had a team of your own, your words and opinions would hold a little more weight. I am completely behind Josh's offer that he made to you to join the league.

Join the league, and please e-mail me, The Horsemen of Apokolips would be more than willing to deal with you and help your roster out.

Real Man said...

Ryan, I appreciate your comments. You stand your ground and I respect that. As to the rest of you: Fuck you all. I'm starting my own league. Calling it the "Real Fantasy Fantasy League". I'm going to recruit Beckerman out of retirement and try to lure a bunch of others who have quit before from your now infamous league. I wish the best to all you remaining people for the short time this league will be around; this league is done- you need to face reality and get on with your respective lives. So says Real Man!

Josh the Commish said...

I'm not sure which Real Man post is the true one, or whether or not he is in. But the team formerly known as B-3, and currently being called the Real Men, will have some incentive tacked on to it. This will happen regardless of who takes over this team. This team is going to retain all of the characters that were not given away by the former administration. Which includes most of its commons, and its coaching staff (minus The Backyardigans of course). It will also be given 10 "above-average" unique rookie characters that will only cost 10 points. Also, this team will be given an additional 14 balls in the draft lottery.

Real Man: I hope you decide to join the league. I do appreciate your honesty, and your rough comedic approach to the league; but at this point you really do need to make a decision one way or another. If you don't wish to "break character" on the blog, please feel free to get my phone number from Becks and give me a call with any questions that you may have.

Real Man said...

Real Man is in! New team name: "The Real Men". I look forward to making an impression on the league- a good one. I apologize for all the mean-spirited rhetoric of the past. Here is to a positive future. . . Nah, fuck you all! See you on the battlefields! So says Real Man!

Ryan said...

Welcome to Fantasy Fantasy League Real Man, hope you survive the experience.

I look forward to meeting you at this Season's Draft.

Josh the Commish said...

Welcome Real Man!! Glad to have you.... You're still a troll.

NFG Mike said...

I suggest that Eric's team be called "The Waffle House." I haven't seen that many flip-flops since Mitt Romney went to the circus.

Real Man said...

Ryan: Nice homage to the X-Men with your welcome.

NFG Mike: That was one of the funniest comments I've read. Becks was right-you're going to be a great watcher if given the opportunity.

Real Man out!

Mitt Romney said...

Hey, I resemble that remark.

Josh the Commish said...

In the initial post I mentioned a FFL Council. After reading the posts from people and having a few conversations, this may be altered to a system where there is no council, but where any group of people throughout the league can bring up changes. A council simply keeps me from having all the power, but it could potentially serve to further disenfranchise the team-owners that do not have a spot on the council. These are all just ideas for now, but it will all be figured out by the time of the draft.

Josh the Commish said...

Speaking of the draft, there are still a few open spots for characters, so if you have any ideas, please let me know as soon as possible before all the spots are filled.

Ryan said...

I have a list of characters that people had given me for the draft, Josh. I'll email them to you.

Ryan said...

I like this new idea for bringing up changes. Forward progress, I'm loving it. This is getting me excited for Season Six.

Josh the Commish said...

I'm glad people are excited!! It should be good.

Josh the Commish said...

This can be posted again later, in case people don't see it; but the 10 characters that were mentioned earlier that will be added to The Real Men are: Teneb Kel, Maggot, Exal Kresh, Age of Apocalypse Nightcrawler, Age of Apocalypse Blob, Evan Sabahnur, Talon, Batwing, (vampire) Hal Jordan, and Ecthelion of the Fountain. Al will cost 10 points exvrpt Maggot, who will be 5, or free with Teneb Kel.