Monday, August 29, 2016

Universe Bowl IX: Chapter XXVIII

“I have called you here today, to this very rendezvous point for what will most certainly be the most important moment of your FFL Career. I have nothing but respect for the sheer and unexplainable power of Darth Shemalya, or the military brilliance of General Washington; but as we all know, parlor tricks and shadow games are not what wins battles. At the end of the day, the battle still needs to be fought, the war still must be won, and the soldiers must be heroic”. Says Jor El over the comlink to his fellow Slaves.
.
Jor El continues: “We have in-tel, that despite the Death Star Destruction, they have diverted what powers were left; and Palpatine has plans for a new armored Space, even more powerful than the first dreaded Death Star. When completed, this ultimate weapon will spell certain doom for the small band of.......”...

“Yeah, we gotcha Jor, we all saw Return of the Jedi”. Interrupts Wolverine over the comlink. The mutant finishes: “Master Mundi and I are a bit hung up with the escape-podded storm trooper fallout from the first dreaded Death Star (#sarcasm); but as soon as we can get to you, we'll be there to help out”.

“Roger that Wolverine, sorry for the theatrics. We certainly could use your skills; but this main call for help goes out to whatever pilots are left. We had our questions, about why we hadn't heard from Nova yet in this battle, and as it turns out he has called in some favors from his old corps. We know for sure that two of the Doomsdays are acting with him, and we assume Palpatine has a hand in it; but all we are truly certain of is that if we don't blow up his energy field soon, than the Playoff Planet and our whole team is going to be the next Krypton. So please, any and all available Slave pilots, follow the beacon I am sending out via remote; and get here as fast as you can”.

“Jor El, this is Amazon, reporting in. I'm on my way, and I have it on good authority that Fernus, Zillius Zox, and Tomar Tu are on their way as well. But despite my confusion as to your pilot obsession, your communication called for an army. And although some of us are pretty damn good, I wouldn't exactly call it an army, as the numbers are growing sparser by the minute”.

Jor El sends his final message before the rendezvous:

“Definitions of armies tend to differ Amazon, but I read you loud and clear. The pilots are important, but so are you. By the way, if you were questioning our squad's strength; I should tell you all one more thing: My son will be here any minute”.......

1 comment:

NFG Mike said...

Show yourself, Kal-El!!! Normally I would ask you if you bleed, but I already know the answer... "You will."