Friday, February 27, 2009

BREAKING NEWS!

We here at Fantasy News Network were just able to reach Horsemen of Apokolips member Grand Jedi Master Luke Skywalker for a comment regarding Head Coach Washington's response to the "A.L. Call to Arms". Here what he had to say.

"I was very taken back by what Coach Washington said earlier this week, especially about what he had to say about myself and my General Manager. I admit some of my statements were not very "Jedi-like" and I do sincerely apologize for them. It was a heat of the moment thing. I was not trying to dog the N.L. and say that they aren't an elite league either. I would have been honored to fight for any one of the National League teams. But to accuse me of "turning to the dark side" is simply unacceptable. When I was drafted this year, it was explained to me that I was going to have to "put up" with a lot of trash talking from the N.L. teams. Which to be perfectly honest to me, was quite upsetting. And at the same time I thought to myself, "How true is this? Am I only hearing one side of the story?" So I did my research. Do you know what I found? A lot from both sides. Sure the A.L. is guilty of slinging their fair amount of mud, and it's true that there were some underhanded tactics during this year's draft by some A.L. teams, that were quite embarrassing. But if you go back to last year's original announcement (2/11/08) of where the teams were going to be playing and in which division they fought in, you will find that two N.L. General Managers fired the first shots. I am all for competition, why else would I be in this great league. But there is a huge difference between healthy competition and just plain bad-mouthing. I foresee that if this continues to happen, it will only be a detriment on the Fantasy Fantasy League as a whole.

I have just spoken with my General Manager, and he has informed me that he, along with the GM of The Untouchables will be having a Summit this weekend with the GM's from both George Washington's Slaves and Le' Napoleon's Brigade, in hopes of resolving this situation.

I would like however to applaud the National League teams in that they do have undying love and loyalty to their fellow teams, I just hope that in the future they can show that same love to us here in the A.L. And I certainly understand that we here in the A.L. have some issues to deal with as well. Thank you."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The post Luke Skywalker is referring to is located here:

http://fantasyfantasyleague.blogspot.com/2008/02/american-league.html

As I stated to my father, nearly 300 years ago: I cannot tell a lie.

It was me who made those comments on behalf of my GM on that fateful February day.

And I stand by it.

NL for Life!

-General George Washington