Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Syracuse Valley Vs. The Horsemen of Apokolips

The Syracuse Valley is Knuckles, Xenomorph #95 & 96, Giant Hammer Bros. #1, Hammer Bros. #3 & 4, Moritani Soldier #1, & Little Goomba #6.
The Horsemen of Apokolips are Elrond, Dementor #17, Dark Jedi Master #1, Amazon #11, Droideka #9, Astro-Droid #11, Smurf #10, & Miss Piggy.
 
I woke up at 4:30 AM on Friday. I completed what I could of the mass amount of food that I have decided to bring with me and I then headed North by car. I left my home in Chicago, with my mother and 2 daughters and stopped in Livonia, Mi to see a few of my sisters and drop off my mom. I then headed up North to Roscommon, Mi which is another 3 hours. I spent the night in Roscommon so I could then get back in my vehicle the next morning and head back to Livonia. It is now Sunday morning and let me tell you, between hanging out at my sister’s house yesterday, a stop at George Murphy’s, and a late night talk with my other sister who is up from Kentucky in our Hotel room last night……. Well let’s just say that it was a long night. So here I am driving down to “The Old Neighborhood” with enough Kielbasa to feed an army, enough stuffed cabbage to feed the family’s of those armies and about twelve deserts that would easily earn praise in any pastry contest from here to Paris: My name is Christine Anschuetz, and I am going to “The Hall”. As I walk in, things are as they have always been. Over a hundred people moving, talking, & carrying-on. Most people would look at this setting and think: “I’ll never be able to get a word in edgewise”, but I’m not worried, after all I’m a pro. As I walk thru the door out of the kitchen, my two daughters, Natalie and Emma both run off and I think that I may not see them again until it is time to leave, not much different than I was at that age. I walk past the bar, but I’m not really interested in that right now. I’ll have a drink at my sister Patti’s later or Sandy’s, or wherever else we end up; but for some reason I never drink at the hall. My sister Margaret walks up to me and says: “Chris, you’re girls are so weird. They are running around telling everybody that they keep seeing a red blur being chased by a rolling robot”. “I don’t know where they get this stuff Margaret”. I reply. In the coatroom Emma turns to Natalie and asks: “Do you hear all the noise upstairs? We should go check it out”. Natalie replies: “O.K., lets go. NO WAIT. We should bring Nick & Josh with us”. “Good idea” Emma says. Emma & Natalie head back into “The Hall “Proper”” and stop to talk with their Uncle Scott & Aunt Margaret. After the usual Merry Christmas exchange Natalie asks: “Have you guys seen Nick & Josh, we want them to go upstairs with us”. Aunt Margaret replies with: “Natalie….. I think Nick & Josh are little old to still be playing upstairs”. “I’m not so sure about that” Uncle Scott adds under his breath. Aunt Margaret keeps the conversation going by saying “Well, either way girls; I haven’t seen them”. “Call me crazy, but I’d check the bar” Uncle Scott says sarcastically. Natalie & Emma head over to the bar and they see Nick & Josh about three feet away from it (shocker). On the way over to the bar, Natalie & Emma overhear their cousins Johnny & Bobby talking about the wreckage of metal that they found in the Men’s bathroom (it looked as if a person with knowledge of shield technology knew to be quick on defense, but slow on attack. Maybe he snuck in under the shield and destroyed it). Natalie, Emma, Nick, & Josh all start heading upstairs (after Nick & Josh grab a couple refills that is). Before they even get all the way up the stairs Nick & Josh hear the same old woman that they have been running from their entire lives yelling at somebody who isn’t supposed to be there. Maybe she was yelling at one of the Hejka cousins, they never could hide upstairs as well as us Zacharskis could or maybe she was yelling at Giant Hammer Bros. #1 for stomping Astro-Droid #11 to pieces: Who knows? As the quartet of cousins reaches the top of the stairs, and realizes that the coast is clear, the noise that they were hearing in the coatroom has become quite a bit louder, but still rather faint. Emma swears that she sees a large animal-like creature running across the ceiling, and Nick admits that he hasn’t been this scared since that random blonde chick locked Kristopher in that cage behind the stage when we were kids. The four inquisitive companions then work up enough courage to move past where the 2 large alien-looking things were moving and head toward the spot of the big crash. When they arrive in the upstairs men’s bathroom they find several pieces of what appears to of once been an astro-droid, but no sign of what destroyed it. This is do to the fact that shortly after the battle Dementor #17 took the soul of Giant Hammer Bros. #1 (and evidently the Watchers must be cleaning up bodies even faster than usual in this tournament). It is at this point that the fear-loving foursome exit the men’s bathroom to catch a glimpse of the 2 aliens (or whatever they are) scamper across the wall and run into the women’s bathroom. The door slams shut as the 2 Xenomorphs enter, which prompts Natalie to say: “we have got to go in there and check it out”. “Good idea, go ahead and open the door Nick” Josh replies. So Nick hands Emma his beer and walks over to the door. He slowly opens it up and peaks his head inside and then looks back at his cousins and yells “RUN”! If he would have preempted the word run with the word “zoinks” you would have thought that his body was taken over by the ghost of Shaggy from Scooby-Doo, but it wasn‘t. After Nick is done turning completely white the four of them head for the stairs as fast as possible. The omnipresent old woman who works at the K of C yells “Hey you kids don’t belong up here” which the running Nick replies to with: “Like, you don’t have to tell us twice”. They wrap around the second set of stairs without breaking stride when Nick turns back to his trio of companions and says “Is it just the fear talking or was I the only one who just saw a Little Goomba eating a smurf & being squashed by Miss Piggy“? “I saw it too, keep running says Emma”. The four of them do not stop running until they hit the bar all the way down on the first floor where Nick and Josh slam 2 warm Bud Lights as fast as humanly possible before ordering another one. Nick explains to his cousins and a crowd of random relatives around the bar that when he opened up the door he witnessed the 2 aliens that they had seen before locked in Mortal Combat (yes, combat not Kombat) with some six and a half foot tall leotard wearing chick and some evil looking alien with a lightsaber, “ya know, a lasersword” Nick adds for the puzzled looking old dude serving flat beer behind the bar. When people go up stairs later to see if what Nick said was true, there is no evidence of this said battle except for a slice thru the blue chair, a broken stall door, and a chipped toilet (The Amazon and The Dark Jedi managed to kill the 2 Xenomorphs but between the wounds they suffered during the fight and the spray of concentrated acid that took place during the death of the aliens they perished as well). Some of the Hejkas were weaving tales about that red blur eventually being caught by a black blur and about an elf decapitating a couple of Hammer Bros. and a gun wielding well dressed weirdo (which could be anybody in this family) in the coat room. When Natalie and Emma came back to me, they began telling me about what had happened upstairs and it cracked me up. I don’t know where they get this stuff. Only at The Hall.
THE HORSEMEN OF APOKOLIPS ARE VICTORIOUS!

1 comment:

Ryan said...

For some reason, before I even began reading this battle, I had a feeling Aunt Chris would be the one narrating it.