Wednesday, August 21, 2013

UNIVERSE BOWL VI: EPILOGUE 2: DECEPTION AND A DECOY

            “Tell me the story,” the shadow’s voice echoes.

Mysterio commences his tale.

            “When the Technodrome was first struck by the U.S.S. Enterprise, my particular designation was not fully implemented.  My robotic form was both nebulous and without a functional appearance.  Notwithstanding these issues, the enhancements melded into my form by the Anti-Monitor allowed me to move without obtaining a specific, relevant code which would allow me to mimic a particular subject’s appearance.  Like the other decoys, the augmentation provided by the Anti-Monitor, as well as enrichments supplied by the High Evolutionary, I was able to function as an independent participant, without the necessity of a ‘controller.’

            “I was placed into a Technodrome module before the launch of the vessel, knowing that a certain event would create the opportunity for my form’s release.  The module was pre-programmed to jettison at an exact time to assure my arrival at the city region.  Thanos, although knowing of my existence, was not able to indicate any knowledge in case the opponent was able to position a listening device in the ship, which would deliver my existence to the enemy and foil any plan of secrecy necessary to fool the other side.  To assure that not only sound, but also additional senses would not destroy the secret, certain members of my team, being particularly Thanos, made sure that no life signals would be obtained from any instrument should either vessel, especially the Enterprise, complete a scan of the Technodrome. 

            “There was a calculated risk that the module would not allow me the opportunity to locate anyone and I would sit without having been utilized by my team.  Nonetheless, it was assumed that since the cityscape is often a focal point of Playoff Planet matches, especially with this particular Watcher, it would be safe to conclude that my form would eventually stumble across someone from the other team to mimic. I was to sustain the amorphous form until I was able to locate my prey.

            “After crashing into a building, the viewport of the ship was destroyed, allowing me to escape the module, without having to trigger the locking mechanism of the ship.  Thus, an investigation of the site would prove inconclusive as to whether a life form was actually in the module.  By a magnificent coincidence, the illusionist Mysterio was alone and heard my unprogrammed body near the vessel.  I killed him, taking his form and thus, became a functional and exact double of Quentin Beck.  My next objective was to infiltrate the Royal Highness and position myself to assure my team’s victory. 

            “I eventually was herded back into the fold by the remaining members of the Sinister Six.  My speech patterns, scent, body language and thought patterns, as well as all other biological indicators were perfected such that the Highness, even with all of their telepaths, were unable to suspect my infiltration into their fold.

            “Near the final battle, to assure myself of survival, I allowed my thought pattern to be explored by Exodus, who recognized me as being on his own team.  Instantly knowing that if he hesitated, he would permit the enemy to realize who I actually was, the mutant ‘pushed’ me into the building and created a force shield around my form which managed to sustain me until the finale between Professor Charles Xavier and Joseph, even upon Exodus’ demise.

            “Based upon the calculations provided by my internal wiring, I concluded that although I may have joined the finale, my opponents, if discovering my true form, would most assuredly destroy me.  A mere illusionist, even with some enhanced powers, would not be able to accomplish a victorious resolution over the remaining combatant.  Thus, I waited until the battle was completed between all participants and could remove myself from the encasement surrounding my form. 
 
            “After surveying the decimation remaining in the city, as well as verifying that all combatants were dead through the sky placards, I headed straight to this locker room.  That is my story.  I am now here as the sole survivor of Universe Bowl VI. . .  Quentin Beck. . .  Mysterio. . . Life Model Decoy #3. . . of the Horsemen of Apokolips.

3 comments:

Artifact said...

Wow...

Ladies and gentlemen, your minds have officially been blown.

Lickolas said...

Nooooooooo!!!!!
Another twist, another twist! I don`t want it to be over with.

Seriously though, this was maybe my favorite thing ever to read in this league. What a great summer Becks. A Universe Bowl to be remembered for sure.

Josh the Commish said...

Loved the twists, loved the format. You made it your own Becks, and proved that you are the man!! Great work!!