Thursday, April 17, 2014

A Meeting of Like Minds

Two large doors open to reveal a much larger room then one would have expected and a set of stairs….

“Good evening Mr. Governor. Were you followed”?

“No, not that I know of. I took every precaution possible”. Said Governor Morris to the unknown man letting him in.

The governor continues: “Is it wise for you to use my real name? Or perhaps it is I who should not answer to it, considering that I know not who you are. Although I assume that you are my underground contact who goes by the name E-4”?

“Actually sir, I am E-4’s direct superior D-2. And you are much too well known of a figure to even attempt to keep your anonymity. We can be certain at this point that you were not followed and that no being is monitoring this situation”.

“I wasn’t expecting such optimism from a person in your position”, says the governor in reply.

The Agent codenamed D-2 smirks and says: “Oh, I assure you sir; there is no optimism here. It is just that if you had been being monitored than we would both be dead by now.

The two men walk down several sets of stairs in silence until they eventually reach an elevator. As they ride down to the seventh sub-level of this seemingly abandoned building, the governor presents a question: “So, Mr. D-2; if my intel is correct, than the D in your “name” represents that you are a part of the fourth tier in the underground movement. I trust that you will be honest with me, considering that if anyone in Parliament knew I was here that I would be immediately impeached…. Or perhaps worse”.

D-2 replies: “I assure you sir, we intend to let you in on every aspect of our plan”.

The Governor nods and asks: “Forgive me for being so forward so early; but will my meeting this evening be with you? No offense is intended, but I expected to be meeting with a person a bit higher in the revolutionary hierarchy”.

“No offense is taken sir. We originally intended to have you be met by one of the two B-tier leaders; but they were both killed yesterday by assassin’s bullets. The three C-tier leaders are all off leading separate missions and the other three of us four D-tier people are working on the league-character-political-transformation project, which as you may have noticed if you have been watching the news is already underway. But, and please forgive me for my long-windedness; the answer to your question is No. Your meeting tonight will not be with me, it will be with Agent A-1. Our true leader and mastermind. We will be arriving in his quarters shortly”.

The two men continue their walk through a long winding hallway, and finally reach a barricaded room where they stop at the security enabled door. Agent D-2 then lifts his left hand and uses his right to pull a bandage off of his ring finger. He then pulls out a pocket knife and reopens a wound on that finger before placing his bleeding appendage on the door’s retractable slide. The door reads the genetic information from his blood and then opens…

Governor Morris walks towards the man sitting at the solitary desk in the small room. He extends his hand and says: “You look much like a man, who cannot possibly be here to meet me”.

The man speaks and says: “I apologize for any deception that was necessary Mr. Governor. It is a pleasure to finally meet you in person. I am Agent A-1, but you probably already know me as Bill Duer”…..

No comments: