Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Universe Bowl VII
Post 1

Welcome everyone to another addition of the Fantasy Fantasy Universe Bowl. This as everyone by now knows, is the seventh iteration of the final match of the year. Seven years in we are still going, something that is both incredible and overwhelming. When I first was asked to report on this years match, I admit, I was not quite sure how I was going to accomplish it. Still, as I look at both Layander and the Midgets squads I feel a sense of disbelief in how it is going to all go down. To say both teams are more then up to the challenge of being this year’s Universe Bowl champion is an understatement.

It never ceases to amaze me as a watcher how good both finals teams truly are. Layanderette, a team that I would not have chosen to make the finals this year has quieted any opponent out there. Lead by the ever-powerful Supergirl, along with basically the entire Kingdom Come crew, the team is well balanced and more then capable of competing in the final match of the season.

On the other end of the league is another unlikely combatant, The Sisterhood of Evil Midgets, who is making their second Universe Bowl appearance. Too say they are the unlikely of the two teams is only in regards to their position in the standings with one week to go. Some have said that they skated into the playoff by the skin of their teeth. They faced two incredibly difficult opponents in George Washington’s Slaves and the perennial favorites, The Horsemen of Apokolips. The strange thing about saying they are the unlikely of the two is that by looking at their team, you would never guess that they wouldn’t be the favorite. With such powerhouse members as the Phoenix Force, Emperor Joker and the Eradicator, you would think they would be the favorite in any match they fought in.

With all of that being said though, this is going to be a close one. As both teams are well on their ways to the playoff planet I too have been sending people of my own to cover this grandest of events. I mentioned earlier that watching this event was an overwhelming responsibility for me and it still is. It is also a responsibility that I take with the utmost seriousness and for that I have decided to do things a little bit differently this time around.

Instead of just explaining what is going on for this match, I have decided to report on it like a proper journalist should. I have enlisted the help of every watcher that I have at my disposal and with them, I plan on reporting on as many facets of the event as we can. I have also met up with one member of each team and with their help and assistance, plan on getting as much in camp and on site information as there is possible to report on. I will as of this time keep both teams’ exact rosters a secret, as to keep their opponents in the dark as much as possible.

I will also be functioning as a proper news agency, which means that with the help of the Fantasy Press we will be accepting feedback and will listen to the readers when it comes to anything they are interested in hearing about. I hope this will be fun way to experience the final match of the season, a way for there to be as much of an open dialogue into what should be the most exciting match of the season.

With that being said, both teams have their work cut out for themselves as do we Watchers. I wish both teams the best of luck out there and we will be back with you as soon as the battle gets under way.

Good luck everyone and have a great night.

Sincerely,


Nickatu the Watcher

1 comment:

Nickatu the Watcher said...

The following post was written on July 11, 2014. Information has been scare since that time. Working my best to get what I can. Hope to post something new very soon.