Friday, August 8, 2014

Universe Bowl VII: Kitties Correspondent Post #1

I finally received word from the Kitties (Sorry, this is the name that is being used now) Correspondent, Jacob Black. I believe this is current information but I have yet to verify that. Anyways, it seems to be from him and not a hoax. Anyways, here it is.

By Jacob Black
August 8, 2014 (I believe)
Shrouded Forest

Sorry this has taken so long, getting to a point where I could write one of these was more challenging then I would have ever thought. This has been more of an endurance contest then a battle. The Midgets have been a huge pain to deal with and that is not including everything else we have been dealing with. I will get back to that in a second though, I assume you want to know what has been going on.

We arrived I guess a couple of weeks ago, though it feels like months at this point. I’ve been to this place before but something has changed since the last time I set foot on this rock. Well actually, that’s the thing, nothing has changed, not like it usually does at least. This place is not exactly a vacation hotspot, but it usually looks the same for the most part. When we arrived, the crew I was placed with, my pack, along with The Boom Boom crew (Arjan hates when I call them that) landed in the forest, which naturally worked out well for us. The forest is our home after all.

Only this forest wasn’t like any forest that we were used to. We are used to a forest that is teaming with life, full of movement and constantly changing. This forest resembled nothing like that. This forest was brown and silent with not a life form in sight. We were here a full day before we saw a single soul. It was a native we assumed because as soon as it saw us, it ran away. Quil and I attempted to chase it down but before we could catch it, it fell to the ground. We thought maybe it got tripped up or something but when we caught up to it, the thing was dead.

Nothing came out and attacked it, hell, there wasn’t a mark on the thing. It just fell down and died, like the running itself killed him. Evette examined the thing but couldn’t find anything wrong with it. It seemed fine except for the fact that it was no longer alive. After about an hour or so, we decided to take off in the opposite direction as we had no desire to find out what killed that poor thing. I have heard rumours of ‘Dead Zones’ from the elders, not that I have ever believed in such a thing, but it also wasn’t a theory that I felt like testing at that moment.

We traveled again for another couple of hours and that is when we met our first test. Big Red was at the edge of the forest taking a beating from the shirtless wonder. When I say beating, I mean a beating. Why he was taking him on alone I have no idea but there wasn’t time to question him when I got there. My pack was quite a ways behind me at the time (what can I say, nobody can catch me) so it was up to me to help out.

I jumped into the fight head first, knocking Conan down to the ground. Using my ring (not something I am fond of but since I had it, I figured I might as well use it) I created a protection barrier around Big Red to offer him some relief. While I was doing that though, Conan cracked me on the side of the head with the butt of his sword, sending me down to the ground. Things went fuzzy for a second but all I know is, when I came to it, my ring was off my hand and before I could even reach for it, that Barbarian crushed it with his sword.
A lot of good that thing was.

The upside to losing the ring though came in the form of Big Red charging at Conan and knocking him into a nearby tree. The collision caused the tree to fall down due to the impact. This gave me the chance to jump on top of him, allowing me to sink my teeth into his neck. I thought maybe it would take a little extra to break through but as it turned out, he wasn’t much stronger (at least when it came to his neck) then your average human. By the time we got back up and regained our bearings, the rest of my team was there to see the aftermath of the fight.

A victory no doubt, but it sure didn’t last long. 

The two of them came out of nowhere, I swear they were watching Conan take us on but regardless of what they were doing before, they sure didn’t waste anymore time on the sidelines after that. They took out the Boom Boom crew first, tearing right through them like they were defenseless children. Claws through the necks of the doctor and Evette before we even knew they were there. It didn’t take long after that, Groudious found himself on the ground without the use of his legs soon enough (claws right through his calves) and Arjan faired no better as he was dead to us moments later. Sam knocked the male down to the ground, saving Bagwa for the moment, but the female sliced Sam right across the chest, allowing her access and eventually taking the life of the little guy.

Once Quil, Jared and I realized what had happened we were able to take a stand against them, giving us the momentary upper hand. Quil and Jared held down the male but before I knew it, the female tore right through Jared’s grip and picked up her companion and took off. I chased after them for a while but I lost them quickly after that. I went back to help the guys and found a very wounded Jared and a shaken up Sam.

It took Jared a while to heal (a good twelve hours) and since then we have found a couple other members of our team. Right now we are camped out in a “safe house” in the forest, hoping to hear from some of the others. Sam, Jared, Quil and I keep a look out while the Dumbledore’s and the other three wizard’s try and figure out what is going on around here. The voice’s we are hearing are very strange. At times it is very busy and then it goes silent.

Like I said earlier, this place has changed and before we go out and find more trouble we want to know what we are up against. I will send more information when I have it, but until then, we are lying low. Hope this is good for now, if it isn’t, well, it’s all I have.

1 comment:

Josh the Commish said...

Very cryptic, very cool!!