Monday, March 16, 2015

Season 8: Week 4: Layanderletson's -vs- TEAM


Layanderletson’s Super Orange Kitties and Cats Living Together to Make a New Family are Mala on a Adult Sized Tricycle, Nexu #3, Stass Allie, Predator #47, Brass Dragon #8, Teddy Boy with a Magic Broomstick, Wario, Kingdom Come Lady Marvel, Daisy (Luigi’s Girlfriend) pulling Allia Atredides Ghola in a Radio Flyer Wagon, Ariana Dumbledore, Aberforth Dumbledore, Regulous Arctuturus Black, Rabastan Le Strange, Rodolphus Le Strange, Sam, Paul, Peeta Mellark with Jarnborn, King Edmund the Just, Queen Lucy the Valliant, Andrew Jackson Libby, Bendonner, Finn McCool, Carrie Bradshaw, Moltar, Grape Ape, Count Duckula, Dr. Boom Boom Pow, Evette, Arjan Darkscale, Groudious Maximus, Bagwa, Black Lantern Kyle Houslander, Zombie Zachary Houslander, Vampire Nick Houslander, Nichol Valdez with a jetpack, Sith Lavarouck & Blue Light Saber, Jedi Master #1B (Gary), Copper Dragon #9, Purple Dragon #23, Bronze Dragon #7, Wookie Soldier #46-50, Dark Jedi Master #1A-5A.

TEAM is Alpha Trion, Wreck-Gar, Junkeon #25 & #26, Gladiator Voltron #1-5, Luuke Skywalker, Yareal Poof, Depa Billaba, Billy Lee, Jimmy Lee, Heishiro Mitsurugi, Duke Nukem, Combaticons: Onslaught, Blast-Off, Swindle, Vortex & Brawl (All to form Bruticus), Ghanima Atreides, Lady Jessica, Chani, Duke Paulus Atreides, Hector with the Chaos Breaker, Zombie Pete Sosa, Zangler with a Proton Pack (Immell #13), General Thade with the Dark Ring, The Kurgan with the Sword of Darkness, Mr. Myiagi with a Katana, Leah, Seth, Jane, Felix, Sala with Bokken’s Backpack, Vampire Ryan Poteracki & Vampire Amy Poteracki and Compsagnathid #41-50.


You ever get involved in something so deeply, so all consuming that you actually forget about the world around you?

That has been where this watcher has been the past several weeks and though I had thought I was still part of this world, I have come to realize that I am sadly mistaken. I thought that even though I had been keeping this in the back of my mind that it would still be waiting for me when I eventually came back to it. In the case of this fight, I could not have been more wrong.

As I came upon the scene of The Raging City, it was nothing but a ruin. Not a single building left standing. Small fires still burning, but for the most part, just billowing smoke piles with corpses scattered around the former city.

As I went through the rubble and soot I saw nothing but the aftermath of what looked like a massive fight, a fight in which I saw nobody left to talk to.

The bodies of both teams lying everywhere in various states of decay, littering the landscape. This lonely walk continued until I came upon the voice of one man, a man who was muttering something to himself either out of some sort of PTSD state or just because he could find nothing else to comfort himself with.

His name was the Kurgan or at the very least I assume it is, as it is the only word he could seem to say. He held a sword that was broken in half, perhaps out of protection but I suspect it is mainly out of reflex. After spending time with the man he finally started to open up a bit, speaking in small fragments. “All at once” at first, then came “Only moments” “total destruction”, things of that nature. After a while, uttering these minute details, he started saying it was his team that started it, but that it was the others who ended it.

I left him alone for a bit, as it was apparent he was in severe shock. Again I walked around the city only seeing the wreckage of the fight. Severed heads, loose limbs and more metallic debris then I have ever seen in a small area covering the place. The broken head of Alpha Trion lying next to a broken spoke from a large Tricycle. Shattered Lightsaber housings everywhere the eye could see. Even the charred bodies of several dragons were barely recognizable in the aftermath of this battle.

Another hour passed as I tried to put together what had happened, only to be in the exact same place I had been when I arrived. There was something I could do, something that I do not like doing, mainly because I had very little control over it. At this point I was desperate.

As I walked over to the Kurgan I contemplated other avenues that I could try but soon it became quite obvious that there was no other choice but this one final option. I put my hands on the Kurgan’s head, looked at him face to face and told him to relax. To my surprise he was relaxed, he did not even flinch when I began, though that lasted mere seconds before he was screaming in agony as I combed through his broken mind in an attempt to find the answers I was searching for.

Immediately I began to see flashes of deeply buried memories, they were recent memories from what I could tell but deeply buried nonetheless. Time was moving in reverse as I could first see the destruction of the city with very few creatures, barely holding on for life. I could see witches and wizards ripping through robots like paper mache, lightsaber’s tearing through flesh everywhere I looked and one memory that kept on repeating of a sword that turned into a flash of light. Every time this memory flashed, there was nothing after it.

It took a while to put together which way in time this memory was happening but after multiple viewings of it, I came to understand this was the last thing the Kurgan saw before he was knocked out. Though it did not seem like he was merely knocked out. It was as if the blast killed him and everything else in its path. The flash, then nothing. Over and over again I watched this until I came to except it to be the end of the match.

So I decided to go back farther in the man’s memory. Everything in reverse was the way this was going to play for me. Dragon’s on the ground in a heap one moment, then to see them fly back up in the air in reverse. The blasts returning back into the gun’s from which they came. Snapped neck’s reforming into complete bone structures returning to the fights in which would eventually end their lives. Much of the death happened via telepathy from what I gathered as much of the TEAM members were deep in trance as the Kitty members writhed in pain.

Death and destruction in reverse is an interesting way to witness a battle, as it all seems less chaotic and more obvious in its motivation. The Kurgan was correct in one thing, this was not a long battle. Soon enough the city was back in working order, a single event starting and finishing everything all at once. An elder Transformer giving orders to an array of other robotic teammates all in agreement on what was to happen. A city surrounded by these robot’s, only to witness their simultaneous destruction that purposely set the entire cityscape ablaze without warning. It is impossible to tell what the motivation behind this arrangement was, but it seemed more calculated in regards to an offensive move then one out of defense.

All that I can say for sure though, is that this initial blast was the cause of the majority of the deaths in this fight. Only a hand full of magical creatures, telepath’s and dragons survived. Well them and the Kurgan, though he is obvious because it is his mind that I was scanning. After watching these events a multitude of times I came to this conclusion. The Transformers and robot’s used their bodies as bombs to destroy the city. This explosion killed most of the combatants in the fight on both sides.

After that, the magic creatures took out what little was left of the robot’s and one or two telepath’s. After that, the remaining telepath’s killed the magical creatures along with one or two lightsaber carrying warriors. The dragon’s fell to the ground from gun blasts from an unidentified weapon and the final surge of light came from a single sword, therefore ending the fight. How the Kurgan survived the fight is still up in the air.

As I ended my intrusion on the Kurgan’s mind, it was immediately apparent to me that he did not survive my review of the events. I gently set his body down on the ground, laying him to rest. Wishing I had not let my own selfish motivations be the cause of his death.

After an hour or so of studying the ruins I decided it was time for me to leave. As I was readying myself for departure though, I heard something coming from the direction from which I had come. I walked over to where I had left the Kurgan’s lifeless body only to see him sitting up and smiling at me. I was unsurprisingly confused at what I was seeing, but once I remembered who the man was it all became very clear.

He was the Kurgan and he was immortal. And despite the fact that I was here with him, only one thing was ever true in regards to his race, there could only be one and one was all that was left.


4 comments:

Lickolas said...

TEAM is Victorious!!!

Layanderletson’s Super Orange Kitties and Cats Living Together to Make a New Family: All Dead

TEAM: The Kurgan survives

Josh the Commish said...

Cool match Lick!! Congrats Ed!!

Artifact said...

Very cool match dude. Very Cerebral!

NFG Mike said...

The Cerebral Assassin! Awesome!