Sunday, September 4, 2016

Universe Bowl IX: Chapter XXXII

“Listen up Slaves, this is Jor El, contacting you from the inside of Thunderclash. Wolverine is in here with us as well. The attack is about to begin, and we will be your first wave”.

“Hopefully the last wave too, if Thunderclash here's Autobot Matrix of Leadership is worth its salt”. Wolverine interrupts.

Jor El continues: “That's the last you guys are going to hear from us for a while though, as I am handing the com over to the heir of my House of El and courageous son: Superman”.

Superman takes over the conversation: “Thanks Dad, but no need for pleasantries here. As Jor El mentioned; he, Thunderclash, and Wolverine are starting us off with a full frontal attack. I will be sneaking up the left flank solo, while Fernus, Amazon, Zillius Zox, and Tomar Tu will take up the right flank”.

“Victory shall be ours Kal El”. Says Princess Ororo, AKA: Amazon.

“We shall bring death and destruction upon them”. Adds Fernus.

Tomar Tu breaks protocol and asks: “What happened to Master Mundi?? Was he not supposed to be a part of this assault?? I thought he was with you Logan”??

“We got separated. I was hoping he would make the rendezvous point, but he didn't. Hopefully he'll be alright”. Replies Wolvie.

“What I am concerned with, is how we are going to take down the shields of the Nova Field. I thought we were going to have some back-up from Slave Squadron”?? Asks Zillius Zox.

Superman replies: “We are not totally sure which of our fighters have made it out of the battle with the Death Star, and other dog fights; but they should be making their way into the system shortly. In fact, a blip is appearing on the com sequence now”.

“Slave 2 standing by”.

“WEDGE!! Nice of you to drop by says Thunderclash with excitement. The Autobot leader continues:
But Slave 2?? I thought for sure, you would be leading this suicide mission?? Don't tell me they put that bum Poe in charge”??

“I heard that you old rustbucket. I'm not in charge either though, sounds like General Washington has something else in mind; but Dack and I are here to help blow up another one of these damn things. Oops, almost forgot: Slave 3 standing by”. Says Poe.

“Slave 4 standing by, no silly quips here, I'm in the zone. Some days you just feel like you could take down the whole Royal Highness yourself”. Adds Dack.

“Maverick here”.

“MAVERICK!! I thought you were dead”?? Exclaims Wedge!!

“You didn't really think a Plantagenet King who had never even seen a plane before could take me out did you?? I escaped the firefight and have been flying under the radar ever since for this exact moment, just as Washington commanded. Jor El helped me rig up some space-worthy equipment for this Stealth and now I FEEL THE NEED FOR LIGHT SPEED!! If you know what I mean!! Now let's get this show on the road”!! Maverick continues:

“Slave Leader standing by”.

“Set S-Foils in a attack position”.

2 comments:

Artifact said...

Chock full of classic 80s movie references. Whats not to love.

NFG Mike said...

I don't love the fact that you're bringing it hard. Other than that, good stuff.