Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Meanwhile, at the Royal Highness HQ...

GM NFG Mike is writing at his desk in his office, putting together his line up for the next round of the Play-offs. "It was nice of you to let me play on the message board earlier today. The pressure of the Play-offs must really be getting to you if I'm showing up again." "That was an accident. I was trying to congratulate Ryan, then you took over. I've worked too hard to salvage my reputation to let you ruin it. It won't happen again." says NFG as he continues to write. "Then why am I still here? Part of you must need me. The lovable stoner act is cute and all, but we both know the truth. Every time that you fight. Every time that you swing that lightsaber. Every time that you take a life in the name of your precious Royal Highness, just know that I'm the one who gets the kill." NFG Mike finally looks up from his desk with a glare. He sees the former version of himself, XAS Mike. XAS is grinning, his pale skin and dark eyes contrast with the 2012 consolation crown that he wears mockingly. "I am what drives you." states XAS. "You are right. My failures do drive me. You drive me to be better than before, and I won't let you ruin me again!!!" screams NFG Mike. "We shall see.." ponders a vanishing XAS.

"Mr. NFG, your 3 O'Clock is here." announces the intercom. "Send her in." replies NFG. Heather walks in carrying Scarlett. "Always good to see you, although I wish the circumstances were a little better. And how's my newest future all-star doing today?" asks NFG, holding out an index finger to the baby. He is attempting to get the child to grab his finger, which babies are prone to do. Part of me thinks that he is being nice, but I can't help but wonder if he is testing her grip in an act of early scouting for the team. Heather turns away angrily with the child. "Let's just get this over with." Seethes Heather. "Um... Okay... Just sign here and Black Lantern Josh's death benefits will be yours." NFG says while holding out a clipboard with the legal document. "As you know, the severance is pro-rated based on the player's performance." explains NFG MIke, looking at the stats of BL Josh Houslander. "Oof... Hope you like the dollar menu at McDonald's..." states NFG sadly. Heather hurriedly signs the paper. "Are we done?" she asks impatiently. "Is everything okay?" asks an unnerved NFG. "Are you really that dense? Nothing is OK. Josh is gone and she needs her father! And you're the one that sent him out there to die! Why didn't you just cut out the middleman and kill him yourself?!?" shouts Heather. "We here at the Royal Highness are family oriented, and as such, our top priority in next years draft is getting Josh back in the fold." assures NFG. "Family oriented? Is that why you destroyed mine?" shouts Heather, slapping NFG MIke with her free hand. "You really do blame me, don't you?" asks NFG Mike, finally realizing the gravity of his mistake. "You're right... It is my fault... Josh was my friend, and whether he knows it or not, I am in his debt. My honor demands that I watch out for your well being on the battlefield, at least until we get Josh back." declares NFG Mike. "Great, just what I've always wanted. A high-on that carelessly swings around a lightsaber. Some guardian." says Heather sarcastically. NFG sighs. "Just one more thing before you leave." he says as he reaches into his pocket. "Yoda picked this up before he left the battlefield. I don't think that these transfer as weapons to other people. Hell, I don't know if it even works anymore. Just to be on the safe side, I probably wouldn't wear it if I were you. I... just thought that you might want it..." says NFG Mike offering the Black Lantern ring of Josh. Heather takes it and leaves the room sobbing, clutching the ring.

"Batting a thousand buddy!!!" laughs XAS Mike.

2 comments:

Josh the Commish said...

That was cool.

Artifact said...

Hahaha.

"Severance is prorated based on a players performance."

That was funny Mike.