Monday, August 12, 2013

UNIVERSE BOWL VI: CHAPTER XXII: TALK OF THE TELEPATHS

            The telepaths of the Horsemen look to one another and speak without moving their lips.  Their minds chime with the words pushed through their silent powers.
I see many conclusions to this battle; most not appeasing to our side, says Exodus to a hovering Phoenix.
Like all timelines though, there are alternates to which we can attempt to edge toward, answers Phoenix.
There is not, interrupts Professor X.  I believe the outcomes all lead to only one finale. . . an end where the Royal Highness is triumphant.
I, myself, believe that the streams flow toward a victory for the Horsemen of Apokolips, returns Exodus.
Enough banter gentlemen, orders Phoenix.  We will settle this debate on the battlefield.
As will we, sister, says Vampire Jean Grey.  You may be a more powerful incarnation of myself, but even you are no match for what follows.
Your hubris will be your undoing, states Phoenix. As it is with all your vampire kind. 
In battle shall we meet, Grey invites.
And to that I shall look forward to, responds Phoenix.

18 comments:

Josh the Commish said...

Sweet!!

NFG Mike said...

Oh snap!

Ryan said...

Oh cool..., another chapter coming up where the Horsemen get their teeth kicked in. :/

Ryan said...

Ah the hell with this.......

loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding × guilt × shame × failure × judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side

NFG Mike said...

The Anti-Life Equasion? Really?!? For shame Horsemen... For shame... I hoped that you would forget your roots. I was sadly mistaken.

Ryan said...

NEVER!!!! The last stand of the Horsemen of Apokolips begins now!

Long live Darkseid! Long live Apokolips!!!!

NFG Mike said...

Your brand of destruction shall not florish so long as we stand against you! As long as we draw breath, you shall never win...

Ryan said...

Then prepare to draw your final breath. You tell your team we're comin' and Hell's comin' with us! You hear me Greenwell?!

HELL'S COMING WITH US!!!!!

NFG Mike said...

I expect nothing less. Even if I fall, there will be others... Embrace what you have while it lasts, Horsemen. Your last ride is inevitable...

Ryan said...

All reigns must come to an end, but the Horsemen will live one for all eternity.

But you will watch in the upcoming chapters, the Rotal Highness' dreams and aspirations go up in a skunky poof of smoke.

NFG Mike said...

Perhaps. As long as my tale inspires the next challenger, I have already won. Even in death, I have bested you.

Ryan said...

Let 'em come. Let. Them. All. Come. I enjoy teaching young upstarts a lesson.

Don't worry, all who face the Horsemen are the better for it.

Your time will come. It is just not now.

NFG Mike said...

Unfortuately for you, I have learned all that you can teach me. Brutality. Certain death. Self-loathing. But there is much more beyond that... Are you prepared for my particular teachings? More importantly... Are YOU willing to learn?

Ryan said...

I taught you all that you know. I did not teach all that I know. You are still young in this league. You were not around for the legendary battles between Horsemen and TEAM.

There is NOTHING you can teach me that TEAM did not do ten fold.

NFG Mike said...

But I was... I have always been here... you made certain of that. Or don't you remember??? I spent years here, waiting... I almost went mad... but I knew that someday... somehow...

Ryan said...

Spectator and Combatant are two completely different beasts.

You will know the difference between the two at the end of all this.

NFG Mike said...

And on behalf of Ryan, this is NFG Mike saying thanks for joining us on another exciting edition of "Dig Your Own Grave!"

Josh the Commish said...

Ha!! Lovin the smack talk!! It's almost as entertaining as The Universe Bowl itself!!