Sunday, March 20, 2011

week 3- B3 vs The Tijuana Taco Benders

Beckerman's Backyardigan Beeyatches are: Black Lantern Apocalypse, Oblivion, Deadman, Hush, Max Mercury, Predator X #5, War Skrull #8, and Tunnel Rat

The Tijuana Taco Benders are: Lavos, Sandworms #9 & 12, Lady Deadpool, Headpool, Heatwave, Daredevil, Radioactive Man, and Mister X


I...I don't understand what happened. How things got this way. It's all so odd and doesn't make any sense. It was all supposed to be so easy. God. It burns so bad. What's happened to me??!!

My name is Matt Murdock. People call me Daredevil, and I think I'm dying.

I remember getting to the desert of Baghdad, and Lady Deadpool telling us this match would be easy since we not only have two Sandworms, but El Blanco and Lavos hidden under the sands just waiting for the right moment to strike.

Then, then it got strange. Lady Deadpool acted like she got a chill up her spine, and then told us she'd be "Right back" since she claimed to have seen something over the dunes. She took off and left us wondering what was going on. Mr X said he had a funny feeling something wasn't right.

I agreed.

When Lady Deadpool got back, something was definitely wrong, her heartbeat wasn't the same and she no longer smelled the same. Before she had a chance to know we were on to her, I struck and snapped her neck. Turns out it was some War Skrull, trying to infiltrate our ranks.

That was the last moment of clarity I have before the world went to hell.

All of a sudden, a black hole opened right in the middle of the desert and sucked in the sandworms, and Lavos-though not before they were able to take out Tunnel Rat and Predator X.
Heatwave was able to to set Hush on fire, and roast him but then Heatwave's neck suddenly got broken by Max Mercury.

I was trying to get a bead on someone, anyone. I think it was Radioactive Man who finally stopped Max Mercury. I can't be sure. I blacked out for a minute and when I awoke, Mr X was dead at my feet, Headpool was a pile of mush and Radioactive Man was just missing. My gut was burning as if I'd been shot by a laser, and that's what got me to this point.

Then I saw him. Apocalypse, and everything started to make sense.

I was about to die.

"Foolish Taco Bender" he sneered, his breath reeking of the grave "You think mere sandworm and aliens can stop Apocalypse? I have lived among these sands for over 5,000 years. I know when they have been disturbed and turned against me. Now, Murdock. My team has had it's fun. But your heart is now at it's peak of emotion. You've seen Oblivion take care of my underground problem, and thanks to Deadman's possession of your pitiful form, you were more than helpful in decimating the rest of your pitiful squadron. Now Murdock, goodbye"

"Screw you Apocalypse. Radioactive Man will take you out."

"Ah, foolishly heroic to the bitter end. Oblivion has already taken care of him, you fool. He's that red smear of sand right over there. Though, it seems you've caught an errant blast from their brief tussle. No matter, your time is at an end"

And with that I felt his burning touch pierce my chest and then . . .



Beckman's Backyardigan Beeyatches: Black Lantern Apocalypse, Oblivion, and Deadman survive

The Tijuana Taco Benders: All dead

BECKERMAN'S BACKYARDIGAN BEEYATCHES ARE VICTORIOUS!!!!!

3 comments:

Solobeck said...

Krisatu:
Loved the first person narrative- absolutely fantastic!
-B2

Krisatu said...

Thanks man, glad you liked it. I had a hell of a time coming up with a good way to write this match so I went for something different.

Nice to see it worked.

Lickolas said...

Good match sir, very unique.