Thursday, September 11, 2014

Universe Bowl VII: Midget's Correspondent Post #8


This I promise you will be the last time we will be hearing from the Midget’s Correspondent. The remaining audio starts up around two hours and forty minutes after the previous audio. In the meantime there was quite a bit of noise and plenty of unintelligible yelling, but nothing that we could make out. We believe the first voice is from the Imp, followed by Zufa Cenva. As per usual, we identify the voice as best we can.

(Voices in the background become clearer)

Mr. Mxyztplk: I have already done what you said. I told him and he was not interested.

Zufa Cenva: Then what the hell is he doing up there? Is he still alive?

Mr. Mxyztplk: As far as I could tell. Look, we both know how he is. He is still fighting for the right side. He wants to destroy this thing just as badly as you do. It’s just for a different reason.

Zufa Cenva: He wants to destroy this thing like I do. What? You don’t want this thing destroyed?

Mr. Mxyztplk: Hey, if he gets destroyed, great! I just want to win…

Zufa Cenva: (Laughing) Of course you do. (Pause) Okay fine. You understand the plan then?

Mr. Mxyztplk: Of course I do! And don’t worry Z, no magic coming from this guy. Just a bunch of clever tricks and me, spreading the good word!

Zufa Cenva: The word has been spread. Just hold it for as long as you can okay? We have only one shot at this. (Pause) Do you really think Kara will go along with this?

Mr. Mxyztplk: Oh yeah, Yoda can talk anybody into everything. Plus she seemed real angry about her ring being stolen. Not that I blame her. I love this little guy.

Zufa Cenva: Don’t love it too much; it probably won’t make it through the day.

(More people enter the room)

Supergirl: I want to kill it. Yoda explained to me what you are planning on doing? Is it going to work?

Zufa Cenva: In theory…(Cut off)

Supergirl: I don’t care about theories, is this going to work or not?

Zufa Cenva: In theory (Pause) Yes Kara, I don’t see why it won’t.

Supergirl: This is certain death, you know that right?

Zufa Cenva: There is a high risk of death, yes. Nothing is certain. In the line of fire, yes, I see no way of surviving.

Supergirl: Nothing is certain? I’ve heard this before. I may have been out of it for the last month but I am not blind. I’ve seen a planet during its dying days before.

Zufa Cenva: Look Kara, all that matters is destroying this Thing. (Pause) Yes, this planet is dying and by everything that we have heard, I can’t imagine it lasting much longer then a week or so. This Thing on the other hand, it’s only growing stronger by the day. This planet’s destruction is not going stop that Thing from doing this to another world. We are the only chance of stopping it right now and unless you have a better idea on how to go about said destruction, I suggest you start realizing that there are no other options here.

Supergirl: Are you actually telling me what to do Zufa? Do you have any idea who you are talking to?

Zufa Cenva: Oh yes, the Mighty Supergirl. The one being so powerful that she has been imprisoned up until three hours ago.

Yoda: Zufa, Kara, stop this fighting now! No other choice do we have anymore. Come down to us this fight has. We must begin now. Time against us it is. One chance we have to make this right. Understood the risks are by everyone.

(Silence for a brief period)

Zufa Cenva: Still no sign of the Governor Yoda?

Yoda: He left as soon as I told him. Lost forever Mr. Morris is I believe. Too much pain in his heart. The guilt he must carry, overwhelming it is.

Zufa Cenva: Well then, let’s head up and finally test this theory. We have but only one chance at this so no room for error.

Supergirl: Or maybe this plan fails and we are left defending ourselves against a creature whose power is so great that it defied the Watchers.

Zufa Cenva: That is a risk we must take Kara. Now are you going to help us or not. Nobody knows how to fight your Artifact better then you do, not to mention an all-powerful being such as this Thing.

Supergirl: He’s not my Artifact anymore Zufa. (Pause) Side by side with a Midget…

Mr. Mxyztplk: I’m off folks. Let’s hope this ring holds up Z. I’d be awfully disappointed to see this thing go to waste.

Zufa Cenva: Mxy (strange noise) Of course, goodbye Mxy.

Supergirl: I can’t believe you are putting your faith in that Imp.

Zufa Cenva: He’ll come through for us, trust me. Never once has he missed a shot at angering someone more powerful then himself. Speaking of which, (garbled sound from audio recorder) Mr. Watcher or whoever it is that I have been sending these to. This will be the last thing you receive from us. If you want to know what happens here, get your ass to the front lines and find out for yourself. Zufa out.

(End of Transmission)

No comments: