Sunday, September 7, 2014

Universe Bowl VII: Midget's Correspondent Post #5


Below are the final portions of Zufa’s meeting with Governor Morris. Sorry for the delay.


Morris: It’s him, isn’t it? (In which he paused) What was, how did he get in here?

Zufa: Mxy, where the hell have you been? And where did you get that?

Mister Mxyzptlk: Oh this old thing. I guess Hal didn’t need it anymore. Seemed like a fun little guy.

Zufa: So all of them did die up there. Mr. Morris, he managed to kill a White Lantern. Do you understand the power that is behind this? I know you two were close but stopping Bill Duer is now our only concern. (Pauses) Have you known all along?

Morris: No, I mean, I suspected but I didn’t understand anything that was happening. Since he has been gone this long I figured he must have been killed by whatever was happening, but Bill; well, he doesn’t do anything without coming up with six ways to get out alive. Bill has been around a long time but with even that being said; I still never imagined he would be capable of something like this.

Zufa: Then why the letters to him? Why play stupid to every person on this planet?

Morris: I was not playing stupid to my people. Do you think this is what I thought he was doing with this power? I thought he was trying to find a way to defeat this thing, not the person behind the wheel. As crazy as he could be sometimes I never thought he would be capable of something like this.

Yoda: Manipulate. Twist him the power has. Stop him we must.

Morris: Look, if this is what you think has happened then fine. Bill was always a radical but perhaps…

Zufa: No perhaps Mr. Morris, we destroy him and that is it. How many more have to needlessly die before you stop protecting him. You still don’t get what is going on here do you?

Morris: Yes Zufa I do! I understand that I helped create a power that is responsible for the slaughtering of countless creatures out there and will likely continue doing the same until it has destroyed the only place that I have ever called home. I understand that a man that I have known for my entire life is behind this power, a man that I have always called one of my closest friends, a mentor even. I also understand that in order to save my world I must confront my friend and try to talk him out of whatever it is he thinks he is doing. Do you know where he is?

Zufa: Where he is? You still don’t get it do you?

Morris: Look Zufa, if we could find him and I could be given a chance to talk to him then maybe…

Zufa: Bill Duer is no longer your friend Mr. Morris because Bill Duer is no longer just a mere human. Your “Dear Friend Bill” is no longer in one place at any given time. What didn’t you understand about the voices of one mind comment? God I hate dealing with Men.

Yoda: Explain it further Zufa, distressing news this must be to Mr. Morris.

Zufa: Fine. Mr. Morris, Bill Duer is no longer in one place because HE IS in every place now. When I said he was in control of this power you misunderstood me. He IS the power now. The voices were of one mind because he is everywhere. Though like I said, the voices were not in unison. His mind is now in fragments, stretched to the point where it no longer is recognizable. There will be no talking to him Mr. Morris, the man you once considered a mentor is long gone. Replaced by a Demigod hell bent on destroying everything you once considered sacred. There is no talking your way out of this one Mr. Morris.

Mr. Mxyztplk: Well this is no fun, sorry I stopped by.

Zufa: You are not going anywhere Mxy. You found Hal’s White Lantern ring, which should have been destroyed in space with Hal, but it somehow survived. This means that for whatever reason, this thing still has a weakness.

Yoda: Quicker evil is, stronger it is not.

Zufa: Which is why you are going to be our eyes and ears out there. You are going to spread the word Mxy. It is just a theory but that ring should keep you safe.

Mr. Mxyztplk: Keep me safe! It didn’t keep Hal safe.

Zufa: I am not talking about it keeping you safe; you are more then clever enough to do that on your own. I am talking about him leaving the ring alone. For whatever reason, it was left out there. If Yoda and I are correct, there is a reason for this. Please Mxy, for once care about something other then yourself and do this for us. Or do it for yourself at the very least. (Pauses) Oh and Mxy, just spread the word. No magic, you understand? We need this to count.

Mr. Mxyztplk: Okie Dokie Z.

Morris: Where’d he go?

Zufa: Let’s hope to spread the word. We can’t worry about that now. Look Yoda, his ring changes things. Let’s continue to work on the plan we were talking about on our way over here. Mr. Morris, do you have somewhere where we can go? We need a room, a lab, whatever you have.

Morris: Yes, whatever you need. Nobody is left down here; almost everyone is on the surface right now preparing to leave.

Zufa: Good, what we are about to do may draw some undue attention. Do what you can to help your people Mr. Morris. If we need you again, we will find you. Until then, good luck.

Morris: Thank you Zufa, God knows that you are our final stand in this fight.

Zufa: Mr. Morris, if we can make this work, there will never be a fight.

(Zufa turned the recorder off at this point)

2 comments:

Josh the Commish said...

Cool. I was wondering what Mxy was up to.

Rob C said...

I have thoroughly enjoyed this Universe Bowl! Bully and tiddlywinks to the authors!