Thursday, August 21, 2014

Universe Bowl VII: Kitties Correspondent Post #2

By Jacob Black
Shrouded Forest


The strangeness of this place has not gotten any easier to take in over the last few weeks. All the magic types have been working tirelessly to figure out what is going on still but as of right now, they sure don’t have much to show for it. Our camp has been very well guarded, as we are still intact, despite the two fights we have been involved in.

Last week sometime, it could have been six days ago but honestly we have lost track of the days around here. I believe it was six days but I suppose it didn’t matter. Aberforth does detection spells every couple of hours and on that day he saw something coming towards the north. Jared and I went out to take whatever it was on and we came upon a lone ring holder. Given he was by himself and only had a blue ring on, which from what little knowledge I have of the rings, is fairly useless by itself. He still attempted to flee but Jared took him down with little fight. We have the ring now, though it seems about as useless to us as it was to him.

The fight yesterday was a different story though. Both bladed creatures came back to find us and I assume take us down once in for all. Ha, if they only knew who they were picking a fight with. Again because of Aberforth, we could tell someone was coming, which sure is a nice defense system to have on our side. Quil and Paul took lead on this one and since we knew where they were, we had the upper hand. Not that she didn’t pack a good punch, cause she did. Paul took the first strike and it was a doozy, knocking her to the ground but before he could do anything, the male came out of nowhere and stabbed Paul real good in the leg. You could hear his howl for a mile away I imagine but that is where Sam came in and jumped right on his back.

He probably would have gotten the upper hand but before he could get out from under him, Jared and I tore at his face until there wasn’t much left of it. We crushed the skull after a while, though it did take sometime before we could manage that. This is where the female attacked me and got me pretty damn good actually. Right in the stomach she got me, just held her claws in me like it was a personal vendetta, which I imagine it was. She thrashed at me for a while, something that I am still feeling today but luckily Quil and Sam pulled her away from me and finished her off once and for all.

It was a good fight, something that we had been looking for since we met up with them last time. They have me resting as my wounds for some reason still have not healed, something that has become sort of a running joke around here. Quil keeps calling me Gimpy, something he will come to regret when I fully heal. Nothing else much to report on I suppose other then the fact that we still have not heard anything from anyone else. This place is quiet and not in a good way. No wildlife or anything. The place just feels dead. Like I mentioned earlier, not getting any easier to understand this place. Can’t wait to get off this rock.

I’ll write back soon when something else happens. Until then, I guess this is goodbye

1 comment:

Josh the Commish said...

Very cool, I'm totally confused; but very cool!!