Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Prologue: Horsemen of Apokolips vs.The Red Army

It is silent in the Horsemens' locker room. Superman is sitting quietly on the bench, staring straight ahead. Opposite Superman is a quintet of the most horrific monsters this world has ever known: Dracula, Jason Voorhies, Pinhead, Leatherface, and Black Hand. Dracula begins, "Just look at him. He almost wants it. The poor fool." "Can you blame him?" adds Pinhead quickly. "I can barely fathom a worse fate myself!" Jason says nothing, while Leatherface raises his chainsaw in agreement. "You are already mine." whispers Black Hand. "I may have a new TEAM, but don't tempt me." warns Superman, leaving his seat. He doesn't need super-senses to know that pure evil creeps through the room. Bruno Sammartino emerges from his private dressing room in the nick of time. "Superman! A word, please!" "This better be good, Bruno," says Kal-El coldly. Superman warily enters. "Ha! The Superman! The legend!" You are my hero! You stand up for what's right!" proclaims Bruno. "Um, thanks Bruno. Is that all?" replies Superman. "We are alike, you know... we do the right thing, no matter what." says Bruno, patting Superman on the back. "I'm not sure what you're getting at Mr. Sammartino..." says a slightly perplexed Clark Kent. "They say you fight for the Horsemen," continues Bruno, "But we both know the truth. You, me... we fight for what we believe! Nobody take that away! Ever!" Superman interjects "With all due respect, Mr. Sammartino, a victory here seems... hollow..." Bruno Sammartino laughs, "For a reporter, you are very behind the times!" He hands a newspaper to Kal-El. The headline reads: "Red Son Superman dominates for TEAM!" "Is that a fact?" says Kal-El calmly, throwing the paper in the trash.

7 comments:

Josh the Commish said...

This was written by Mike. I just posted it for him. On a personal note... Damn, I'm excited!!

Josh the Commish said...

I read this late at night and liked it, but I just reread it, and didn't realize how enlightening and uplifting it was. Nice work NSNADHTSFG (Not So New And Definitely Here To Stay F***king Guy)

Ryan said...

Nice job Mike. I appreciate that you do you homework. And its refreshing to see someone new write about TEAM and Horsemen's rivalry.

Real Woman said...

I am looking forward to this match between two behemoths in the league. What I meant was I love the size of your immense cocks. Sword fight ahoy!

Josh the Commish said...

I'm surprised that that last post wasn't from Real Man. Dude loves sword fights.

Ryan said...

After re-reading my comment here, it sounds like I'm criticizing Joshatu's past writings of TEAM vs Horsemen. This was definitely not my intention. Far from it.

I just like the fresh eyes on it. Something new and different. Sorry for any misunderstandings I may have caused.

And I totally agree with the Commish... I am very excited about this.

Josh the Commish said...

Thanks Ryan. I agree that it is awesome that the new writers have done so much research on all our old junk. Good Luck Mike, you're gonna need it!!