Monday, March 17, 2014

s7w2- Team SP vs Griswold's Nut-Busters

Team Sleeping Pussy is: Dolphin, Black Manta, Aquagirl, Aspen, The Sea Captain (Watchmen), Obi-Wan Kenobi's Spirit, Mt Dew Transformer, Namor with Trident, Navy #2-5, Captain Nemo and Nautilus, Psycho Pirate, Tunnel Rat with Swift Boat and Ash.

Griswold's Nut-Busters are: Doomsday, Sharkticon #1-10, Skrull #1 and Little Goomba #20

From the Diary of the Sea Captian:

It's funny the things that stay with you, out here floating amongst the wreckage. How the very life you were so frantically fighting to save not moments before, seems like such a burden as you float along. Not knowing when or if you'll be saved. When you'll be able to drink fresh water or have something decent to eat. Not have to drink your own urine to survive, or have to eat the flesh of someone you once called a teammate.

The biggest thing is how fast everything blurs. The feeding frenzy of robotic sharks, hopped up on the caffeinated blood of another of their kind devouring all they came into contact with. Kings of the sea fighting valiantly against the metal monsters, slaying some, but ultimately being overwhelmed. Seeing bits of a swift boat and it's captain float by in pieces, greedily eaten by the massive metal carnivores from Cybertron. The frantic cries as all the firepower the Nautilus contains is desperately unloaded as we try to assist our friends out there, hoping our efforts aren't for naught. The fury in the eyes of Capt. Nemo as he overhears an ill timed joke about "The Dew getting done..for."

The biggest thing I remember, is that screeching of metal as the Nautilus is torn open by these massive greay, bony fists. And the roar... The FURIOUS ROAR as the monster known as Doomsday shatters our protection from the chaos outside and brings it roaring in along with the waters. Not knowing whether it was water of blood hitting you as you run as fast as you can, but knowing that there's ultimately no escape. No hope.

Until you hear nothing. The screams stop. The pounding of the monster as he stalks and destroys ceases. The water rises, but the rage inside Doomsday seems to have ebbed.  I look and see the Psycho Pirate, pushing himself to the extremes of his powers as he tell the beast to relax and feel peace. Calm.  He's projecting so hard, that even I can feel the effects, which is why I don't cry out to warn of the approaching Skrull. It takes a moment for me to comprehend what's transpired. My peace and tranquility is shattered not by the death of Psycho Pirate, but at the pain and RAGE at Doomsday as what could be the first taste of serenity is violently torn away from it. He pulps the Skrull offender, regardless of allegiances, and turns to me. I brace for the end, but the light I prepare to see seems blue and shimmery. I swear the beast mutters "RUN" to me when I'm hit by a might blast of air that sends me out of immediate danger. Doomsday seems to be at war with himself, struggling with some invisible foe. I make my way to the escape hatch by some miracle, and flee. Grateful for the time for my meager existence, but knowing  the price for such a gift is ultimately cowardice.

I float here now with nothing. Nothing expect the knowledge that I am no hero. I'm no champion. What I am is simply the fastest, smartest, coward out in the seas today. It wasn't a mighty battleplan I oversaw that led me here. It's simply, dumb luck. I try to take some solace in the fact that my torture should be over soon. I call out to those called the "Watchers" begging them to end my toil. I've danced their dance. I've played their bloodthirsty game. I'm not proud of the things I've had to do, but I've done what I needed. Please. PLEASE. Just make it stop. Pluck me from the endless ocean. Strike me down if you must, but please. Please just don't let me remain here with nothing but the harsh truth that I'm no Captain. I'm just a lowly sea rat scurrying about for whatever crumbs he can find.


Please. I deserve better than this. Don't let this world destroy me any further. Don''t let ME destroy me any further.

8 comments:

Krisatu said...

Griswold's Nut Busters: All dead

Team Sleeping Pussy: The Sea Captain "Survives"

TEAM SLEEPING PUSSY IS VICTORIOUS!!!

Josh the Commish said...

Very cool match Seney!! That was one of your best!! Very different. Very Cool!!

Congrats Fred!!

Lickolas said...

Loved, loved, loved it! That is how you write a sea match. Great stuff Seeney. Not afraid of taking it seriously, very cool man.

Ryan said...

RIP: Black Manta, Navy Sailor #2 and Little Goomba #20.

NFG Mike said...

Kick ass Seney!

Josh the Commish said...

Thanks Ryan. They will all be missed.

Artifact said...

That was sweet. I love how it was written in the narrative of a single character. Good work!

Anonymous said...

Well written, nice use of the Sea Captain
--He Who Sleeps