Friday, April 9, 2010

Week 6: Deathmatch (AKA: The brawl to settle it all).

**First of all, I would like to thank all of the team-owners who have already gotten their teams in. I would also like to apologize for how vague I have been with the deadlines. The teams for this week will be due on Sunday, and the Watchers will have two weeks to witness the matches and post the results. After this the league should get back to a normal schedule. Thank you all for your patience.

Points: 2500
Setting: The Play-off Planet (that means a little bit of everything)
Prize: A Green Lantern Ring

-TEAM Vs. The Horsemen of Apokolips (Josh)
-The Untouchables Vs. Michael Vick's Bad Newz Kenelz of Lurve (Josh)
-Beckerman's Backyardigans: Beeyatches Vs. Team S.P. (Ryan)
-The Abomitrons Vs. Alice's Wonder Team (Josh)
-Pop-Superstar Hannah Montana & President Barack Obama's "Best of Both Worlds" Touring Battalion of Commandos Vs. Better Than All of You (Mike)
-George Washington's Slaves Vs. Brock Sampson's Fighting Murderflies (Bryan)
-Le' Napoleon Brigade Vs. The Right Wing (Nick)
=Xavier's Annihilation Squad Vs. The Syracuse Valley (Bryan)
-Bruce's Bodacious Bullies Vs. Oblivio (Ryan)
-Logical Genocide Vs. Built Ford Tough (Josh)
-Hayley's Comets Vs. P.M.S. (Bryan)
-(The O & 5) Brotherhood of Evil Midgets Vs. The Transfoamers (Ryan)

2 comments:

Krisatu said...

0-5. Not too impressive of a stat when you look at it. But this week all that changes. After this week one team will no longer be 0-5, and that team will be either Logical Genocide or Built (Bill) Ford Tough.

Logical Genocide has lost some heartbreakers these last few weeks, particularly last week's devistating loss to the Kennelsz of Lurve, and they've rolled with the punches. "It's not all about wins and prizes. It's all about having fun out there" owner Chris Seeney has said on numerous ocasions, but things have changed. Two things specifically:

First off, seeing Bruce's Bodacious Bullies pull the upset over Beckerman's Backyardigan Beeyatches showed that expansion teams aren't just things for more established teams to whale on. If a team like Beckerman's can be upset by the Bullies than it's not out of the realm of possibility that B(B)FT could fall before Logical Genocide. The secondary reason is far more motivating for Logical Genocide.

What's could that be you may ask? It's week six's prize: The green lantern ring. Not since Gollum wanted the "One Ring To Rule Them All" has someone seethed with such desire for a piece of jewelry. It's a known fact that I am extremely well versed on knowledge of all things Green Lantern, almost on the borderline of obsession. When the only thing that stopped me from having my wedding band from being a replica GL ring was being able to actually find a replica that fit, well that speaks for itself.

Bottom line, Ford. I will stop at nothing to destroy you and get that ring. I want it. I need it. I WILL have it. I'd say that you need to pray to whatever deity you can, but there's nothing holy about the levels I'll go to in order to win. All I can do is say "Sorry about your damn luck" and warn you to stay out of my way. If you have any character sitting on 9 deaths, I suggest you don't play him. Cause I will kill him and he won't go out in a blaze of glory, but in a whimper of mediocrity compared to the fury and focus I'm bringing to this match.

I've already won myself respect this season, now it's time to get my ring.

I'd say good luck, but I don't mean it. I just hope you can recover from the massive beating I'm sending your way. Nothing personal, just a bad time to be my opponent.

See you out there.

Artifact said...

Epic post.

Z