Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Mid-season Business

Just a few things that require a posting...

Much of this, many of you already know.

The first ballot initiative regarding the passing of weapons passed. This new rule had a built in Commissioner veto power. I will explain how this will be used. When you have a character with a weapon die, please either post in the comments of that match, email me, or both with who you wish that item to be passed to (some of you have weapons sitting on your rosters now that are currently unassigned). Once you choose, I will say one of three things. 1) approved: This obviously means that the choice is approved. 2) vetoed: If the choice is vetoed I will provide reason(s) why. The only thing I see me being a real stickler about is lantern rings or Autobot Matrixes being passed to a character when there is another character on your team that has possessed this item in a major form of media within their own continuity/genre. Although I will not insist that a character ever have more than 2 lantern rings, unless you wish for that to be the case. 3) approved with prejudice: This simply means that I approve the passing; but I personally as Commissioner/writer do not believe that it is a good idea for you to pass the item to this character and/or I do not think that this particular character could wield that item. If you receive this ruling you may change your mind, but you by no means must change it.

The second initiative put up for vote passed as well. Teams are now due on Tuesday night; but if they are not turned in on time their will be penalties levied against the late team. Parts of this are not totally clear; but they will be cleared up by next season.

I do believe that something must be mandated in order to keep the league from becoming too chaotic. Which is why I find it necessary to say that if you as an individual owner or a group of owners have a potential rule change in mind, than please come to me or one of The Vice-Commissioners (Chris Seney or Chris Artrip). After this, we will together come up with a plan to make a clear and concise ballot initiative for people to vote on. Furthermore, this is not necessarily a rule; but one should assume that if and when they bring forth an idea to vote on, that the new rule will most likely not go in to affect until the next season. Like I have said before in the comment section: major sports, other fantasy sports, boardgames, and role play gaming platforms don't change the rules mid-season/game; so I do not know why we would presume to be any different.

I am of the opinion that most people wish to spend their precious time devoted to this league: setting up their teams and reading the fun, interesting, and silly matches that our Watchers work so hard on. Not arguing, voting, and dealing with bureaucratic red tape. I am all for democracy, but every democracy I have ever heard of still has rules, and still has administrators. I also believe that although the vast majority of nuances and rules in the league are absolutely and completely up for discussion and vote; that not all manner of things should be voted on by the owners. Some things should be voted on by the watchers. It is their schedules and styles that could potentially be further dictated by future rules and rule changes and therefore they should have more of a say. Whether that be a say derived from an all-encompassing vote or simply free reign to decide what they wish to do as an individual on their own. If non-writing owners do not care for this, or view it as a form a disenfranchisement than that is easily remedied by simply volunteering to write. The more watchers we have, the less we all need to write, which lessens the burden for all.

On a lighter note; I personally loved the “Real Man” matches that were written this past week (written by Ryan of course). And I feel that they deserve some sort of recognition as a FFL Alternate Reality. So, all of the teams that won their match in this universe will receive three graveyard points and a star wand (this can be the first item that many of you pass to whichever character you wish). This is all done in fun and I can't imagine that people would take issue with this; but if they do, than please speak now or forever hold your peace.

Lastly, I would like to cordially invite Real Man (Eric) to The Fantasy Fantasy family... Wait, who am I kidding... Real Man, you are still a dick and I hope you get dysentery.

So says The Tyrant Commish.

20 comments:

Artifact said...

Quick question:

May Lantern rings be applied to penises?

Ryan said...

Yellow Lantern Bryan Beckerman was brought into the league via Season Five's draft.... And he wears his a such.

Josh the Commish said...

Definitely. Especially the pink and purple ones. Giggitty.

Real Man said...

It takes a shit-stained Crooked cock like you to fully realize the immense dick I am Commish. So says Real Man!!!

Josh the Commish said...

Real Man, you have an immense cock?? .... Hmmm... Spit it out, it don't belong to you.
So says crooked Commish.

Krisatu said...

I'd like to request that my newly acquired Star Wand be issued to Minnie Mouse, please.

Thanks.

Josh the Commish said...

Approved.

Ryan said...

There's going to have to be some sort of email or text send to me so I can make the proper updates to a team's roster. There's a good chance I'm not going to see every single request/approval.

Real Dog said...

SHUT UP, SIT DOWN AND KNOW YOUR ROLL!

Josh the Commish said...

I will Ryan. I'll make sure that you get all of them, and you can add them at your leisure. You already do too much for a "retired guy". This doen't need to be something that causes you more work.

And Hi Real Dog, good to hear from you. Would you mind coming over my place and chasing some of these cats out of my computer room. I'm trying to work in here.

NFG Mike said...

Now that I think about it, Highness vs. Shit-kickers didn't have a winner in the Real Man match.

Ryan said...

Shit Kickers got the 3 points. Highness got the Star Wand (shaped bong.)

Real Gerbil said...

Don't forget to pull me out of your ass Josh. I've been in here for a while!

NFG Mike said...

Col. Sanders, the true KFC Superman, shall receive the Star Wand (shaped bong), Commish willing.

Josh the Commish said...

@ NFG. Approved.

Ryan said...

Anyone ever wonder how many Lantern Rings are in the league?

171.

Josh the Commish said...

Cool stat Ryan.

Artifact said...

Thats like 170 too many.

One ring to rule them all...

Artifact said...

Also, I thought 171 was the number of Superman variants in the league.

Ryan said...

Oh yeah.... I didn't even count the TWO "One Rings" that are in the league.

Or any of the Legion Flight Rings.